Thread: Will Google Instant Preview change the importance of Webdesign?

This discussion is about "Will Google Instant Preview change the importance of Webdesign?" in the "Website development" Forum.
Hi One week ago Google introduced a new feature into its search engine: ((login for URL)) Here is an introduction video from the official Google ...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Frage Will Google Instant Preview change the importance of Webdesign?

Hi

One week ago Google introduced a new feature into its search engine:

((login for URL))

Here is an introduction video from the official Google Blog:

One thing is for sure, this is a new feature that is really going to impact the traffic,
    click through rate (CTR), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and the importance
    of Webdesign of every website.

Before instant preview websites "only" needed to focus on SEO, Content and link
    building to rank high on Google. If you got your website for a specific keyword ranked
    on the first page of Google you got the traffic. The higher your ranking was the more
    traffic Google send your way.

Now, with instant preview, users don't have to click on a link to get a first glimpse
    on the websites in the search results to decide whether they think if your page offers
    what they are looking for or not.

So how does Google Instant Preview effect SEO and your CTR in the Search Results?

I think that the Webdesign becomes a much greater factor in the future.

Before Instant Preview the Webdesign only effected the decision of the user if he
    stays on your Website or moves on. If he starts reading your content or if he hits
    the back button and try another search result.

We as advertisers all know that humans in general are visual people and if they can
    see your website before they click on your link in Google what do you think they are
    judging?

Keep in mind that the content of your website is not readable in the preview except
    the text call outs Google uses to highlight the search term relevant part of your website.

Clean sites with no or minimal Webdesign are not as eye-catching nor will they animate
    many users to click the link. I am not talking about that graphic cluttered and crazily
    colored websites will now get better results but think about it. A professional looking
    design is more appealing for a user if he is judging which result to click than a clean
    text or an unprofessional design.

Of course design totally depends on your niche and a user looking for something
    specific is somehow "expecting" a certain direction in which the Webdesign should be.
    E.g. a user searching technical instructions to create a wire circuit for a transistor
    radio is not expecting a graphically heavy website when judging the preview of the
    search results. However a clean design with images representing a professional
    technical focused website will for sure get more attention from him then a white website
    with a simple link to a PDF. Even though the PDF might contain exactly what he is
    looking for.

So what if your website ranks high on Google but over the next weeks/month does
    get a lot less clicks due to Searchers utilizing Google's Instant Preview?
    What if Searchers decide that they don't think they can find on your site what they
    are looking for and don't click it?

Do you think Google will still rank your Site like it did before? I really doubt that!

Is your Webdesign eye-catching enough to attract visitors?

What is your opinion?

Country
    United States

I don't know, I continue to use Google but have ignored this "Instant Preview" feature completely. I'm not used to it and I think old habits die slow...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

At first I searched without using it but from time to time it comes in handy.

I think most users will adopt to it.

Search Cloud:

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE ESSENCE OF PREVIEWING

how can we change google instant preview image

publisher websites not readable in google

google instant preview how can I change it

page preview importance

Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter