Thread: Your opinion about a brand new site on health topics, worth it?

This discussion is about "Your opinion about a brand new site on health topics, worth it?" in the "Website development" Forum.
Hi, I'm thinking of doing a site similar to best reviewer (cf. my signature) but dedicated to health topics, in english, can you share with ...

Country
    Thailand

Frage Your opinion about a brand new site on health topics, worth it?

Hi, I'm thinking of doing a site similar to best reviewer (cf. my signature) but dedicated to health topics, in english, can you share with me if the CPC is good with adsense?

I've chosen this topic of health because it is good for what I'm looking for, mass traffic, since everyone on the internet is a living being and as such is subject to health issues. I have no real interest in that topic other than make money from such a site, could be a problem?

But could you please tell me your experience from running a health related blog/site with adsense? What about the CPC and CTR ? And does the high competition between webmasters makes it hard to get traffic for your site? Just in general terms, is it worth it?

Do you think it is worth the effort, since it will take me some time from the start to the promotion time. Thanksfully I have a database of emails from my other multiuser sites so I should have no problem getting started with users and content. But do you think it is a good idea to make yet another site about health topics instead of developing my existing general topics sites?

I know Michael runs a health forum in german (you also have an english section) so you must know many things about that. Of course you're a doctor so you have a real interest in that topic. But my site will not be a forum, so really it won't be a problem about people coming for personal advice on serious health issues. My site will be just another "resource". But mostly the pages will be pointers to more serious sites and content.

Thanks for your opinion.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Health is a good Topic for advertising. Go give it a try if you know how to generate content

Country
    Thailand

The content will be on the light side, more like the top 3 ways to cure acne, and then simply point to 3 resources. It won't be deep content on the site itself. So won't probably stay for long in good terms with google I guess, if it ever gets any momentum..

I'm also thinking of starting one about money in general, so broad topic, just as health/beauty..

Needs to find the motivation inside me because it will involve several dozens of actual work hours until the sites get to a point where all I have to do is promoting them to potential content inputers, which is for me less of a work as it will involve writing in forum with the signature links and paying for some ads :-)
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!

Country
    Spain

health topics going very good for me, great cpc, but seo take a bit time,i recommend

+ in your example you can easy do Affiliate for your product ( Acne Cure ) , very easy ... i got one site on that nich, going good , i do more amazon profit then adsence there

good luck

Country
    Thailand

That's good to know that affiliates can be found easily for health topics.

At the moment I've let this project waiting as I'm doing something else, in this site I've displayed the minimum amount of ads in 3 blocks: 3. With a prominent ad placement, it should perform well.

Country
    United States

Do you plan on doing any SEO (link building) on site? Or, is this just a "quick hit"?

Country
    Thailand

Hi, when I'll get back to building them, yes I'll do some SEO, but very simple, like linking to this site from my other sites, that's it. All the rest of the backlinking will have to be done by future members via their referral link.

Search Cloud:

health related sites with adsense

your opinion about site

Adsense Websites forum view topics

topic registered in adsense about health

health topics for adsense sites

Beauty isnt worth thinking about;whats important is your mind

beauty isn t worth thinking about;what s important is your mind forum

health forum sites

Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter