Thread: The Google +1 Button. Will you use it?

This discussion is about "The Google +1 Button. Will you use it?" in the "Website development" Forum.
In March 2011 ((login for URL)) to Google Search. Now in June 2011 Google gives Webmasters the ability to ((login for URL)) too. You can ...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Frage The Google +1 Button. Will you use it?

In March 2011 ((login for URL)) to Google Search.

Now in June 2011 Google gives Webmasters the ability to ((login for URL)) too. You can find it above this text on the left by the way

Google says:
    The +1 button can help publishers, too. As potential visitors see recommendations from their friends and contacts beneath your Google search results, you could see more, and better qualified, traffic coming from Google.
    If you want the +1 Button for your website, you can get it here: ((login for URL))

However one interesting question comes to mind: if you don't use GMail (Contacts could be seen as friends and family by Google), to which "friends" are you recommending sites when clicking +1?
    This is the official main purpose of this button after all... (or isn't it? "Don't be evil")

But Google says it will be one of many ranking signals, so if you are depending on Google traffic, do you think you can "risk" not using it in the long run?

((login for URL)):
    Content recommended by friends and acquaintances is often more relevant than content from strangers. For example, a movie review from an expert is useful, but a movie review from a friend who shares your tastes can be even better. Because of this, +1’s from friends and contacts can be a useful signal to Google when determining the relevance of your page to a user’s query. This is just one of many signals Google may use to determine a page’s relevance and ranking, and we’re constantly tweaking and improving our algorithm to improve overall search quality. For +1's, as with any new ranking signal, we'll be starting carefully and learning how those signals affect search quality.
    What are your thoughts about +1?
    Are you using it already, plan to use it or don't care at all?

Country
    Thailand

I was planning to use it since I subscribed to the alert and did receive the email as soon as it was made available, but then lazyness got the better of me and I haven't added it on any of my site.
    Finally I will add it some day, but I haven't the smallest clue as to why I'll do it, since it doesn't seem useful at all. I'll add it when I have the motivation to do something on my sites other than what is on my very long waiting list!
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

By the way, if you like posts here on AdSenseExperts.com don't forget to click +1

Country
    United Kingdom

I've been using it but I haven't had that many clicks, much more on twit this clicks than +1

Country
    United States

Used for a while, but stopped using it.
    I didn't get many +1's at all.

Search Cloud:

Will You Use The New Google 1 Button?

adsense 1 button

use 1 button developers

1 button adsense

why use 1 button

1 button developer

why doesnt share this have Google 1