Thread: Directories - Driving Traffic

This discussion is about "Directories - Driving Traffic" in the "Website development" Forum.
Hope this is the right space - since this isn't really Adsense but somewhat related. Adsense is only as good as the traffic you can ...

Country
    United States

Default Directories - Driving Traffic

Hope this is the right space - since this isn't really Adsense but somewhat related. Adsense is only as good as the traffic you can bring in to your site.

So I picked up a book over the weekend and was reading and they were talking about getting listed on directories. They mentioned a few like Yahoo, which costs $300 and with sites like dmoz that are free.

What has been your experience with directories? Where is some good information out there on it? When I google it most of the sites are trying to get you to sign up with their directory.

I just submitted my sites to dmoz but I am wondering if you all have submitted sites and whats your experience with them.

Country
    United States

Must have been an old e-book. I wouldn't recommend doing much more than dmoz...but even with dmoz, I'll bet your link shows up in >5 years from now. It use to be a big thing but search engines are smarter now days.

Country
    Thailand

My opinion is that directories are useless for traffic. Personally it's been YEARS the last time I wasted my time adding any of my site to any directory.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Country
    Nigeria

Hi! good people am happy to be here.Thank you!

Search Cloud:

directories driving traffic|sending traffic

Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter