Thread: Best forum package?

This discussion is about "Best forum package?" in the "Website development" Forum.
Hello guys....! I want to set up a forum - not unlike this one. It needs to have an up-to-date feel to it and able ...

Country
    United States

Default Best forum package?

Hello guys....!
    I want to set up a forum - not unlike this one. It needs to have an up-to-date feel to it and able to take google ads and my own ads. Any thoughts on the best package available ATM? your suggestions will be highly appreciated...!

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

The best forum software out there is vbulletin (which powers this forum)
    and you can get it here: ((login for URL))

Another big player in payed forum software is from Invision Power Services Inc.:
    ((login for URL))

There are also a lot of free forum software with the biggest being:
    ((login for URL))

But my recommendation would be vBulletin.

Country
    United States

There are more out there than the 'big three', and vBulletin is going thru some major Public Relations issues right now and many customers are very displeased.

I use XenForo on one forum, vBulletin 3.8 on my large site (6m posts), and SimpleMachines on a few small club sites. All have advantages and disadvantages.

From a total-suite package, IPB seems to get great recommendations but I have no experience with it.

I honestly would NOT recommend vBulletin at this time, but am unsure what other package I would choose.

Search Cloud:

best forums websites

free forum package

best free forum package

Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter