Thread: Phil From Florida Asks About Charity Publishing

This discussion is about "Phil From Florida Asks About Charity Publishing" in the "Introduction" Forum.
Hi all, Brief intro, I'm a programmer, net biz veteran, long time Adsense publisher, but not an Adsense expert. I logged in to seek your ...

Country
    United States

Default Phil From Florida Asks About Charity Publishing

Hi all,

Brief intro, I'm a programmer, net biz veteran, long time Adsense publisher, but not an Adsense expert. I logged in to seek your advice about an Adsense related question.

I'm interested in how a publishing network might be used to raise money for charity. As example, imagine a free blog and forum hosting network that ran ads over content, with all proceeds going to a charity.

Adsense would seem to be a great way to monetize, except for a tricky problem which I'm sure you'll see immediately.

While members of this forum would know not to click on their own Adsense ads, in order for a charity network to be successful it would have to scale up to include those that wouldn't know this, and/or wouldn't follow instructions. Some well meaning but uninformed members would merrily click away on the Adsense panels, thinking they were helping, leading to disaster.

At the moment I don't see a way around this other than keeping the network small and limited to hand picked members, not a great scaling strategy.

If you agree, what alternatives to Adsense should I consider which don't present this problem?

Thanks for any advice you may care to share, appreciate it.

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Don't use AdSense for Charity.
    It wont work because of the problem you mentioned yourself.

Either put a donate button on the site so people can donate to charity or
    sell advertising to third parties who are interested in your visitor audience

By the way, welcome to AdSenseExperts.com

StarBuG

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter