Thread: Hello - new here not to adsense

This discussion is about "Hello - new here not to adsense" in the "Introduction" Forum.
Hello everyone, My name is Mike. I have been using Adsense since 2008 when I first started my gaming website. It was not until last ...

Country
    United States

Default Hello - new here not to adsense

Hello everyone,

My name is Mike. I have been using Adsense since 2008 when I first started my gaming website. It was not until last year that I actually started making revenue and now has turned into a part time job for me. In the past year I took my website: ((login for URL)) from 10,000 unique visitors in 2010 to 517,000+ unique visitors in 2011. Last year I also started a forum dedicated to the video game Dead Island and during the games launch it reached over 45,000 people per day. I have since sold that site and my only site that makes revenue each month is GamersComm.net which currently reaches anywhere from 40k-70k uniques per month depending on how much effort I put into it each month. I have been with Adsense for years but I do not know the ins and outs of it still, I feel like I am still a noobie. I make good revenue with the site but I know I can make more by better ad placements and such. That is why I joined this forum in hopes of finding some better ad placement solutions for my site.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be amazing!

Thanks,

Mike

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Welcome to AdSenseExperts.com Mike

Enjoy your stay

Country
    United States

Thanks for the welcome!

Country
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Toon ((login for URL))
    Welcome aboard
    Thank you!

Country
    Thailand

Hi and welcome. Gaming sites have been known to be especially tricky to monetize well with adsense, but it is well possible, I think what I got from reading forums was that you can't espect much in terms of CPC in gaming PPC, but you should focus on image ads (300x250 or 336x280 or 728x90 or 160x600) for best CTR which could optimize your RPM in the end, but the good thing about the gaming sites is that it's easier to get high traffic which compensates the difficulty in optimizing RPM.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Country
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by JamesColin ((login for URL))
    Hi and welcome. Gaming sites have been known to be especially tricky to monetize well with adsense, but it is well possible, I think what I got from reading forums was that you can't espect much in terms of CPC in gaming PPC, but you should focus on image ads (300x250 or 336x280 or 728x90 or 160x600) for best CTR which could optimize your RPM in the end, but the good thing about the gaming sites is that it's easier to get high traffic which compensates the difficulty in optimizing RPM.
    My navbar and first post square ad make the most. The site does anywhere from $300-$400, sometimes more if I post more, share more, etc.

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter