Thread: Article: Is too much blending bad for business?

This discussion is about "Article: Is too much blending bad for business?" in the "CMS-Kommentare" Forum.
You can view the page at ((login for URL))...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Default Article: Is too much blending bad for business?

You can view the page at ((login for URL))

Country
    United States

Even with the marking, the not so tech savvy visitors will still click on the ads. My wife does it all the time. Only way to make it clear for them is to have colorful sign in bold that reads "Click on the link only if you want to see the Advertisement".

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Does she feel "tricked" after she clicked? If not then that is exactly how it should be

Country
    Belgium

Since 5 months, I have a 15% diffrence between 'estimated earnings' and 'finalized earnings'. I checked all points that could cause this, and the only one that makes sense is that ppl click on the ads by accident ( they are blended ), and return to my pages immediately, and that Google does not pay for this anymore. There was no change in ad layout when the 15% change started. So yes, I also think that blending too much is bad for business.

Country
    Spain

Over the space of 1 month of testing I found by CTR rate was not affected by changing my blended ads to more obvious coloured ads.

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

The thought behind this is not to affect the CTR but to prevent "tricking" users into clicking because they think it is content. This way conversion rate should increase (even if CTR is a little lower) and on the long run this should positively affect your smart pricing factor

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter