Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handling Newbie Questions on AdSenseExperts.com?

This discussion is about "Handling Newbie Questions on AdSenseExperts.com?" in the "Chat Corner" Forum.
Hello I spend a lot of thought on how to handle the inevitable newbie questions that will pop up in the future. My best Idea ...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Frage Handling Newbie Questions on AdSenseExperts.com?

Hello

I spend a lot of thought on how to handle the inevitable newbie questions that will pop up in the future.

My best Idea was to create an extensive ((login for URL)) to be able to point them to the right answer and then close the thread.

What are your thoughts on this matter? Any good Ideas?

Regards

StarBuG

Country
    Thailand

My suggestion would be to delete any new member who ask too basic questions.

But it depends what you want, if you want traffic then obviously you will need members to talk about everything and then you'll have beginners, a lot.

But if you don't want adsense beginners, my solution is ideal. I do it on my own sites, before when I saw a new member doing something a bit stupid, I contacted them and explained their mistake and how to do it correctly on my site. Nowadays I simply delete the user account and all attached content submitted (badly) by the member. That way I have only correct content and users smart enough to at least post correct content.
    Note that my site doesn't require a Phd in anything, so I'm not being elitist, just I don't want to waste time on real beginners who will not bring anything to my sites anyway.

Same can apply to your site. You can direct new registered users to the faq and warn them that any too basic question will lead to banning.

But it's up to you, what you want to do with your forum. Personnally I wouldn't mind not having any beginner here and only have a few hundred inactive members with questions a little beyond basic. Beginners can learn from other forums online, and when they want more they can come here :-)
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

One day some of the newbies will also be advanced Adsense publishers. I am not sure yet.
    I thought about creating a Newbie forum but that is against my initial idea of this forum.

Simply deleting Beginners would be rude and unfriendly and the success of all my forum
    is based on my communities being very friendly and open minded.

I have to spend a lot more thoughts on this.

Country
    United States

I would just make a newbie forum, might as well have the traffic if you can get it. As they learn more they can move on to other sections of the site. If you expect them to learn the basics elsewhere they will likely just stay at those sites and never move on.

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

That is a valid argument. I'll think about it.

Country
    Thailand

If you think it's rude to delete beginner account you could make it a requirement at registration time to have an active adsense account for at least 2 years to be allowed to register.

Well, it's just my opinion about it since you asked it, but I admit you can do whatever you want :-)

@((login for URL)): well, where did you learn the basis? Where did I learn the basis? So why are we here? I'm sure it's the same for other adsense publishers who are a bit fed up to read about too basic adsense questions. Don't tell me we don't have to read them, often the title of the thread is not clear, and then when we read the post, it is yet again a basic question. Perfect exemple for this is DigitalPoint AdSense forums, there is a lot of activity, but you need to see which activity!
    For me I don't care too much because I use this forum to find recruits for my adsense revenue sharing sites, but still I have been looking for adsense-only forums before, so there is a space for a forum dedicated to adsense.

Yes, having a beginner section could help, but don't fool yourself into believing beginners will stick to their section, otherwise they wouldn't be beginners :-)
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!

Country
    United States

I'm not sure I've had my adsense account 2 years... it's close... maybe I should leave? Honestly I never thought or cared much about adsense to think someone would make a forum dedicated to it, let alone "advanced" adsense. I simply read the rules and terms of service, in full, and started using it.

You guys certainly seem to be taking it to another level, which is fine, if you think there are enough people to support another forum... there may be, I honestly don't know. Sorry for not being a self-proclaimed adsense master.

Country
    Thailand

I'm simply expressing my opinion following a question. But I'm not the webmaster here, so I have no decision to make.
    Personally I wouldn't create a forum because I tried a long time ago and it's so much work, that's not my ideal, not my goal. The worktime/earnings ratio is way too low for me. :-)

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by JamesColin ((login for URL))
    If you think it's rude to delete beginner account you could make it a requirement at registration time to have an active adsense account for at least 2 years to be allowed to register.

Well, it's just my opinion about it since you asked it, but I admit you can do whatever you want :-)
    We could use infractions for beginners asking beginners question in the advanced forum.
    Every question that is answered in our FAQ counts as beginners question.
    Just as one possible way.

I am still not sure yet though.

StarBuG

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

So far I nicely suggested that we are the wrong forum
    and pointed beginners to digitalpoint, sitepoint and
    webmasterworld

After spending a lot of thought on this I don't want
    AdSenseExperts.com become just another forum filled
    with thousands of those beginner questions.
    There are bigger forums for that.

Let's keep the niche small and the content high quality
    which is what will make the difference.

I for once already was able to improve my earnings quite
    a bit from a tip here on AdSenseExperts.com. This tip alone
    will finance this forum fully So I don't really care about
    becoming the next big Webmaster forum.

I want AdSenseExperts.com to be a resource for new ideas
    which you can't find elsewhere.

A small community of people who take their advertising business seriously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter