Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Text or Image Ads?

This discussion is about "Text or Image Ads?" in the "Advanced AdSense Publishers" Forum.
What is your experience with using text or image, or both in regards to clicks and amount per click. I'm getting emails from google saying ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Gender
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Join Date
    10-22-11
    Posts
    45

    Default Text or Image Ads?

    What is your experience with using text or image, or both in regards to clicks and amount per click.

    I'm getting emails from google saying that text/image rich ads are much better.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Gender
    ?
    Age
    39
    Country
    Germany
    Join Date
    10-27-10
    Posts
    842

    Default

    If you enable both text and image Ads you increase the competition for this ad unit which will lead to more revenue.

    Text ads tend to have a higher click through rate where Image ads have a higher CPM.
    If you use standard ad sizes like the 300x250px medium rectangle I strongly suggest using text/image ads.
    There are tons of advertisers booking image campaigns for standard ad formats which you miss out with text only.
    In my case this doubled my revenue.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Gender
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Join Date
    10-22-11
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBuG ((login for URL))
    If you enable both text and image Ads you increase the competition for this ad unit which will lead to more revenue.

    Text ads tend to have a higher click through rate where Image ads have a higher CPM.
    If you use standard ad sizes like the 300x250px medium rectangle I strongly suggest using text/image ads.
    There are tons of advertisers booking image campaigns for standard ad formats which you miss out with text only.
    In my case this doubled my revenue.
    Wow!

    I just enabled ALL my ads for both. We'll see what happens.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Gender
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Join Date
    10-22-11
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Well...every Friday I do an email drop to my list, and send them to a page with adsense (review page). I know nearly exactly how much I make that day, and with text/image ads I did HALF of what I normally do. Total bummer.

    This is a very accurate test, as I have been doing this for several years EVERY WEEK.

    Should I go back to just text ads?

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Gender
    ?
    Age
    39
    Country
    Germany
    Join Date
    10-27-10
    Posts
    842

    Default

    What Ad Sizes do you use on this page?

    I would let changes run for at least 4 weeks.
    Google is slow to addapt and AdSense behaviour is more of a blackbox then predictable.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Gender
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Join Date
    10-22-11
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Here's the page:
    ((login for URL))

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Gender
    ?
    Age
    39
    Country
    Germany
    Join Date
    10-27-10
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Like I said, 336x280 are for a better click through with text ads but if you want to go with image and text you need standard Ad sizes:

    300x250px, 728x90px, 160x600px

    I would suggest you try 300x250px for 4 weeks (or at least until your next burst) and see what happens

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Gender
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Join Date
    10-22-11
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBuG ((login for URL))
    Like I said, 336x280 are for a better click through with text ads but if you want to go with image and text you need standard Ad sizes:

    300x250px, 728x90px, 160x600px

    I would suggest you try 300x250px for 4 weeks (or at least until your next burst) and see what happens
    Interesting.

    Yeah, and the to 336 ad is always text, and same with bottom leaderboard. Doesn't show an image.

    Will give it a try. Thanks!!!!

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Gender
    ?
    Age
    39
    Country
    Germany
    Join Date
    10-27-10
    Posts
    842

    Default

    The reason for this is that all advertisers create their ads for IAB standard Ad Sizes, but custom sizes are not that common. For text Ads the size of the Ad Unit does not matter.

    And AdSense being an auction based Ad System the more competition (which you have on standard ad unit sizes with image and text enabled) you will earn more on avarage.

    This is the basic logic behind the system but AdSense being a very complex black box this behaviour can't always be observed though. But on avarage over a longer period of time this should become true.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Gender
    ?
    Country
    United States
    Join Date
    10-22-11
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBuG ((login for URL))
    The reason for this is that all advertisers create their ads for IAB standard Ad Sizes, but custom sizes are not that common. For text Ads the size of the Ad Unit does not matter.

    And AdSense being an auction based Ad System the more competition (which you have on standard ad unit sizes with image and text enabled) you will earn more on avarage.

    This is the basic logic behind the system but AdSense being a very complex black box this behaviour can't always be observed though. But on avarage over a longer period of time this should become true.
    Makes sense.

    Please take a quick look now:
    ((login for URL))

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search Cloud:

adsense leaderboard text or image

adsense revenue more for text or image ads ?

what does 728x90px mean

best ad adsense size format small business 336 250

image ads for publishers

image ads vs text adstext or image ads adsensetips adsense image ads campaignadsense image ads vs texttext and image ads sizes
Like It?
Share It!









Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter