Thread: Stopping / Removing placement targeted ads from my site

This discussion is about "Stopping / Removing placement targeted ads from my site" in the "Advanced AdSense Publishers" Forum.
From 5 %, my placement targeted ads increased in the past one month to occupy 30 % of the overall ads. However, eCPM for placement ...

Country
    India

Frage Stopping / Removing placement targeted ads from my site

From 5 %, my placement targeted ads increased in the past one month to occupy 30 % of the overall ads.
    However, eCPM for placement targeted ads is less than 60 % of contextual ads.
    CTR for placement targeted ads is 10% more than CTR for contextual ads.

I wanted to stop ads from targeting my site and these are what I did:
    1 ) A few months back, I stopped to allow targeting through channels.
    I allowed targeting from channels earlier for a few months. Seeing the results, I stopped them.

2) In my ad review center, all ads are blocked for review and I do not allow any advertiser to target my site. This I was doing it On and off several times in the past several months to check the result. As of now, all ads are blocked for past one month.

3) 3 Days earlier, I blocked all Google certified ad networks.

4) I have turned off interest based ads 3 days back.

5) The third party ads preference is turned off ( "Do not allow advertisers to use their audience information to deliver more relevant ads to my site" )

My aim is to display only contextual ads.
    None of these are working until now and it is frustrating to see that percentage of placement targeted ads climb to 30 %.

Is it possible to entirely remove / stop placement targeted ads from my site?

Where exactly is the switch to control these ads?
    Am I missing something?

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

You can't completely switch off placement targeting. You manually blocking them is the only way.

For me have double the eCPM of contextual ads and I allow a granular placement via a lot of channels. Interest based ads even have a higher eCPM then placement targeted ads.

Country
    India

Thanks for the reply Starbug.

I will try to block them.

Search Cloud:

adsense Third Party Ads Preference on or off

remove adsense site targeting

do not allow advertisers to use their audience information to deliver more relevant ads to my site

remove targeted ads

remove placement ads from google adsense

stop relevant ads

how stop placement ad targeting adsense

Allow advertisers to use their audience information to deliver more relevant ads to my site

placement-targeted ads

how do i stop my webpage from targeting adverts at me

Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter