Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StarBuG

Thread: Some Secrets to my success

This discussion is about "Some Secrets to my success" in the "Advanced AdSense Publishers" Forum.
Hi I am a medical doctor and got involved in the online business about 10 years ago. I first started to use adsense when I ...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Ausrufezeichen Some Secrets to my success

Hi

I am a medical doctor and got involved in the online business about 10 years ago.

I first started to use adsense when I started my hiphop music website
    (which was closed down in 2009). I was able to earn the running costs
    with Adsense but the hiphop market is not a good paying niche to monetize
    with adsense.

2006 I started my first German medical forum ((login for URL)).
    I was a student and I started the forum as a hobby and to keep me learning.

Since then I am working on developing a forum network of medical forums discussing
    all different kinds of themes of medicine. E.g. I have a parents forum, a diet forum,
    a diabetes forum, an asthma blog and some more ideas for future use.

I often hear that you can't earn much with forums because of the low CTR and
    I have to DISAGREE!

Currently my earnings pay my rent, my car, my party live and some extra expenses.
    That is not enough to support a high lifestyle but it's more then many people in
    Germany earn with their full time job. I have a full time job as a doctor in a
    children's hospital and my salary takes care of the rest so no worries at this point.

Ok but what are your secrets you might ask?

My secrets are:

1. Always work for your site not for Adsense
    2. Always try to improve your Ad placements
    3. Use channels to track every single Ad you place on your site to track changes you make
    4. Educate your self constantly about new ideas, new strategies and ad placements of other Webmasters
    5. Blending is the key
    6. Be patient
    7. Don't do anything stupid that could jeopardize your Adsense Account
    8. Join AdsenseExperts.com

Over 5 years now I have adsense on my forum and every 1-2 month I experiment with
    changes to my adsense placements. Most changes are so insignificant that users never
    notice them but they sometimes make a difference between a 0.88% CTR to 1.1% CTR
    wich is solid money for you.

I have nearly 200 channels which track my ads all over my forums.
    If you want to go deeper into Adsense Channels read: ((login for URL))

I used to run OpenX as AdServer which is great. However I stoped using it for quite
    some time now. Last month I started to use ((login for URL))
    as AdServer and after some initial hick ups it works quite well.

This gives me the capability to introduce changes to banners and let them run in a
    50:50 ratio with the old banner. After a few weeks I then can decide which banner
    works best and kick out the under performer. This helps me to constantly increase
    my CTR to the best CTR possible on my forums.

Today (because I am sick and at home) I worked like 7 hours cleaning up my channels,
    introducing some small and some bigger changes to my ad placements and I am already
    seeing improvements in my CTR.

Never give up and always be patient. It is your site that counts!

StarBuG

Country
    Thailand

Thank you for your secrets, there also something you should add to your secrets is to do something where you won't have to input all content, be it with comments or with a forum, or like me with adsense revenue sharing, but using the power of internet in order to produce content by visitors/members is something very important with adsense.
    Why? Because doing it all by yourself can be ok for a writer, but for most people, it would be boredom and they will end up by creating bad quality and just not enough anyway. By having people "working" for you is the way to go if you want interesting adsense earnings.
    Expect if, as I said you can manage to write every day and things a little bit interesting.
    See what I do, I wanted to make a site where I would create top lists, so I can create easily top lists when I want, like a blog. But before installing a wordpress or anything else for myself, I planned right at the start to make the site multiusers so that other people could create top lists too, so that my site will have my own tops and also the tops of everybody else and for sure they will produce more content than myself.
    See for instance, how easily I've made a top list from your thread :
    ((login for URL))

I think one more secret of you should be to use the power of internet, that is using the content producing power of thousands of visitors so that it benefits your own adsense income.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Yeah you are right.

I am going for user generated content too.
    At first it is hard work but after you get your site running it is just sit back and relax.

Your page loads very slowly from Germany.
    Are you on shared hosting?

Your design looks nice and clean.
    Saw your site before and the big numbers are what makes it memorable.
    Good work

StarBuG

Country
    Thailand

Thank you for the feedback.
    Yes, my server is overloaded and slows down everything. I am on VPS which is a bit better than shared hosting, but I'm am running into limits as well because I have many websites hosted on this VPS.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Get yourself a dedicated server. It pays of over time.
    Especially since the google caffein update takes speed into account too.

I for example have a managed dedicated server with daily backups and I pay 139 Euro per month. Sounds expensive but compared to my earnings it is very cheap and assures perfect speed on all my websites.

StarBuG

Country
    Thailand

It is already a kind of dedicated server, it's about the same, my problem is not the CPU it is the memory used. Might be a problem I have to solve in my sites. I can use up to 4GB RAM, in which case I pay $200 a month.

I like my webhosting, and my sites are fast/OK in normal times, it's just like that for a few days now, I need to take time to pinpoint the issue.

Search Cloud:

doubleclick for publishers secrets

some secrets of success

what are some secrets to success

my success with adsense

Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter