Thread: DFP clarifications that aren't in the tutorial

This discussion is about "DFP clarifications that aren't in the tutorial" in the "Advanced AdSense Publishers" Forum.
I'm still sooo freakin' confused by this. Hopefully someone can help shed some light for me. This is what I want to do: Medium Rectangle ...

Country
    United States

Default DFP clarifications that aren't in the tutorial

I'm still sooo freakin' confused by this. Hopefully someone can help shed some light for me. This is what I want to do:

Medium Rectangle [MR] within threads (guests and members - not staff or premium)
    --- Responsive with Mobile unit
    MR ATF in guest welcome message (just guests)
    --- Responsive with mobile unit
    Leaderboard [LB] between pagination and reply box at bottom
    --- Responsive with Mobile and Full Banner [FB]

Now here's where I get confused. I need to make those as Ad Units. So that should be a total of 4 ad units? Or would each of those need to be a separate ad unit, which would be 7 ad units? The more confusing part then...Placements.

I plan on going to advertisers and allowing them to target specific forums. I thought I read a way to target sections with custom code within the line item creation (?). I'm not sure how to do that at all, if that is even a thing. Would there be a better way?

And then when I go to apply the code, how do those placements I just created work then? Because it looks like when I generate the code, it is only for ad units, so how does that work with the placements are being able to target sections?

I think I may be over complicating this and over thinking it. I really want to get DFP going, just every time I look at it, I get confused and frustrated.

And then the last thing, how do you recommend going responsive with DFP?

Country
    United States

I've since figured out how to target specific forums and no longer need assistance for that. I'm not using placements for targeting and now wondering if I even need to mess with it. Does it help get more advertisers? How would I apply to a forum with the current listed ad zones?

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter