Thread: Does blocking of Certified Third Party Networks increase revenue?

This discussion is about "Does blocking of Certified Third Party Networks increase revenue?" in the "Advanced AdSense Publishers" Forum.
Hi I stumbled upon this topic on ((login for URL)) where Publishers are discussing and testing if blocking of Certified Third Party Networks will increase ...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Idee Does blocking of Certified Third Party Networks increase revenue?

Hi

I stumbled upon this topic on ((login for URL)) where Publishers are discussing and testing
    if blocking of Certified Third Party Networks will increase your revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy
    Back in October/November or whenever it was when people were reporting an invasion of unrelated ads, I blocked everything from the Certified Ad Networks.
    I haven't noticed much of a change since then in my revenue - except a slight increase.
    or

Quote Originally Posted by ascensions
    I don't know why, but it was for me. I can only assume having all that competition allows for sneakier tactics by advertiser to get low-cost ads. It was an immediate double to triple revenue change when I blocked them. Maybe not for everyone, but for me, it worked like magic. All I can say, is try it for 3 or 4 days and see what happens. I think, now that I'm adding some back in- it's like stock trading- I'm researching each company and deciding if I should give them an opportunity.
    or

Quote Originally Posted by nick28
    It has decreased my eCPM to 50%, since I have blocked certified ad networks.
    At least it hasn't worked for me in entertainment section.
    I will unblock it all again.
    There are many reports that differ in outcome which is nothing special for AdSense at all.
    Like it is always with AdSense "what works on one site does not need to work on another".

That is why I started a test of my own to see if blocking all Certified Third Party Networks will have an effect on my earnings.

So far I have blocked them for 2 days but I am not seeing any significant effects in neither direction.

I'll wait a couple of days more and let you know.

What do you think about Certified Third Party Networks?

Country
    United States

I don't know. It doesn't make much sense to block them due to how the adsense system works. The networks drive up the click prices at the auction block. I blocked them only for a couple of days and earnings dropped dramatically. I lost a good chunk of money in those two days so I aborted the test.

Blocking google.com and groupon.com in the competitive ad filter might be a good idea. Those two are out of control.

Anyway, I am interested in knowing the outcome of your test when ready.
    Last edited by adsensjm; 01-17-11 at 11:20.

Registered User Dogs and things's Avatar
    Country
    Spain

It never crossed my mind that blocking all would be a good idea but out of curiosity I just blocked them all and will see if I observe any significant difference over the next couple of days.

Will report back.

Registered User Dogs and things's Avatar
    Country
    Spain

So far I am receiving a lot less 1 cent clicks while ctr remains stable and earnings seem stable too.

Too early to draw any conclusion but at least I donīt see anything negative, for now...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

So far after three days I see no difference either one way or another.
    Earnings are stable. And because I wanted to see if there is a dramatic
    increase in earnings like some users reported on WW which did not happen
    to me I will reactivate the third party networks again.

Country
    Germany

Any updates and tests?

Search Cloud:

block by other party network

block third party adsense

block certified ad networkds

google certified ad networks to block

block technorati ad network google adsense

block third party google network

ban google certified networks poor earning

what adsense ads network blocked