Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StarBuG

Thread: Adsense alone or Adsense using DFP

This discussion is about "Adsense alone or Adsense using DFP" in the "AdSense Statistics and Channels" Forum.
I received my google email letting me into the DFP program about a month ago...I'm still confused about how to use it. I'm glad I ...

Country
    United States

Idee Adsense alone or Adsense using DFP

I received my google email letting me into the DFP program about a month ago...I'm still confused about how to use it.

I'm glad I found this forum because I have a million questions:
    1. I have a test DFP adsense ad on my site. It is right beside my regular Adsense ads. I'm noticing earning with the DFP adsense ad. Why isn't this displayed when I view my regular Adsense reports?
    2. Do I have to transform all of my Adsense units to DFP Adsense units?
    3. Have you noticed your CPC is higher with DFP Adsense or regular Adsense?
    If these have been answered already, please forgive me. I'm new to this program and want to use it as it was intended.

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

DFP is an Ad Server that offers the option to use AdSense as fall back if no inventory is present.

You can attach a custom channel to your AdSense fall back in DFP. Read this:
    ((login for URL))

If you don't display third party Ads on your website you don't need to use DFP Small Business.
    However you can use it to test and improve your AdSense performance.
    But for that you can't use the AdSense fall back option you need to create AdSense Line Items.
    Read this: ((login for URL))

There shouldn't be much of a difference in CPC for AdSense via DFP or "normal" AdSense because the visitor does not see a difference at all. So there is no benefit for using AdSense via DFP if you don't display third party ads or use it for testing.

Hope this helps a little

Country
    United States

Thanks! That clears up my questions. Now, I need to clean up the code on my site. I've had some companies ask about advertising but not have actually purchased it yet.

Thank you!

Country
    United States

Hi Starbug. You have got a very informative site. I wanted to follow-up to your response. If I have seven channels in AdSense and I am using AdSense in DFP as an Order (rather than a fall-back option), are the AdSense channels still targetable? Any inherent advantage of not using AdSense as an Order if the blocks reserved for AdSense are never going to show third-party ads?

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

There is no advantage in using DFP for AdSense if you don't want to sell these ad spots anyway.

Search Cloud:

how to use dfp

adsense and dfp

google dfp vs adsense

dfp for adsense

adsense fallback

google dfp adsense

dfp program

adsense in dfp

adsense versus dfp

display adsense ads with dfp

Like It?