Thread: Turning off ads for anonymous users

This discussion is about "Turning off ads for anonymous users" in the "AdSense Placements" Forum.
There is something I've been wondering and I haven't been able to find the answer. I know that regular users on a site generally have ...

Country
    United States

Default Turning off ads for anonymous users

There is something I've been wondering and I haven't been able to find the answer. I know that regular users on a site generally have low ctr's. If I disable ads for signed in users and my ctr goes up will it encourage advertisers to use placements on my site? Or am I just losing income from the signed in users that "might" have clicked? My site is approximately 50/50 returning vs new.

Thank you

Country
    Germany

The CTR is not that important for Advertisers because they pay you per click.
    It is more important to them if your users convert for the advertisers.

The CTR is important for you because the more clicks you get the more you earn.

I made the decision a long time ago to not show Ads to my members for several reasons:

• they don't click much anyway
    • it is a bonus reason to get visitors to register
    • I want my members to produce content that I can monetize with my guests
    • the less the regulars see Ads the less they think about how much I earn with their work

But I have a special case with my forum because ~90% of my visitors are uniques from SEs so I can monetize most of my traffic even without showing Ads to my members.

So you see, there is no right or wrong answer, both sides have advantages and disadvantages.

Hope this helps a little

StarBuG

Country
    United States

The CTR is not that important for Advertisers because they pay you per click.
    It is more important to them if your users convert for the advertisers.
    Thank you, I obviously hadn't thought that through as well as I thought.

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter