Thread: First and Last Post - Google picking up the ad words

This discussion is about "First and Last Post - Google picking up the ad words" in the "AdSense Placements" Forum.
Since updating to the latest version of ads in the first and last post, google has started to pick up the wording above my ads ...

Country
    United Kingdom

Default First and Last Post - Google picking up the ad words

Since updating to the latest version of ads in the first and last post, google has started to pick up the wording above my ads first before the actual content?

Any ideas why and how to prevent this?

Thanks

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Hmmm

I didn't notice that.
    You can use the google_ad_section tags to mark your content as a suggestion for AdSense however I don't know if this will help.

Normally the behaviour that you describe would be a good strategy for normal content sites.
    However the way the Ads need to be implemented into vBulletin might create this problem.

Country
    Thailand

If you make sure you have a meta description in your html HEAD, then google should use that instead of whatever it pleases it.
    I don't think the google_ad_section will change something since it is about google search picking the text above the ad as part of the description (in my opinion it doesn't happen a lot)

What you can do if you really want, is to find a simple javascript to display your sentence (ADS not visible to members) via javascript, so the text won't be picked up by google search.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter