Thread: Low traffic site on your AdSense account

This discussion is about "Low traffic site on your AdSense account" in the "AdSense Placements" Forum.
I've heard somewhere that showing ads on a low performing account can affect the performance of your more high powered sites within the same adsense ...

Country
    United Kingdom

Default Low traffic site on your AdSense account

I've heard somewhere that showing ads on a low performing account can affect the performance of your more high powered sites within the same adsense account.

How much truth is there on this? I can understand how a low paying ad slot on one site could affect a high paying ad slot on the same site, but an effect accross another site? I'd love to hear some feedback on this

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

I can only speculate on this topic.

However like ezman said:

Quote Originally Posted by ezman ((login for URL))
    [...]Adsense, on the other hand, most likely smart-prices by the most granular level with statistically significant data available. So, I imagine they have a base rate for an entire Adsense account, then by domain, then by individual ad placement or page / size. All this would be split by geographical regions as well. So, if you change your ad placements and you see increased clicks and earnings for a few days (or longer / shorter depending on volume) and then see click remain consistent but earnings drop (a PPC drop), you are most likely being smart priced.[...]
    with this said I think that a low traffic site will not hurt your high traffic site
    unless it is of very poor quality or the clicks are poor quality.

I for one don't see any impact, however I never tried to remove ADs on my
    low traffic sites. All ADs there are targeted as well and I think return high
    quality clicks.

But if someone is willing to start an experiment that would be very interesting.

Maybe I'll do one, I have to think about it.

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter