Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By StarBuG
  • 1 Post By StarBuG

Thread: How to increase your CTR over 2% more

This discussion is about "How to increase your CTR over 2% more" in the "AdSense Placements" Forum.
1st you need this ((login for URL)) 2nd set up your number of post per page for guests arround 6-8. I recommend show 6 per ...

Country
    Germany

Default How to increase your CTR over 2% more

1st you need this ((login for URL)) 2nd set up your number of post per page for guests arround 6-8. I recommend show 6 per page. 3rd test it for min 4 weeks

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Hello dacapo,

you are right, setting posts per page to a number around 6 on a forum will most likely generate more page views. I have done this on all my forums as well. But I would suggest not only using my welcome box ad placement but also add an ((login for URL)) and like I do also an ((login for URL)).

If you check the CTR of each Ad Unit separately you will most likely not get above 1-2% but if you view them combined you could get a CTR around 3-4%. The combined view makes sense because every visitor sees all ad units but can only click on one so the CTR should be viewed combining all ad units on one page.

There are also other methods to increase CTR if you are running a regular website.
    For example:

• Reducing the number of links on a page to a minimum
    • Integrate the Ads inside your content but try to keep most of them Above the fold
    • Blend your Ads to your content
    • Use large formats like the large or medium rectangles for better CTR.

Country
    Finland

If i change setting posts per page to a 6 my forum, all my registering users get this. Is Vb4 options but this only quest?

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

You need to ask that on vBulletin.com

Country
    China

you are right, setting posts per page to a number around 6 on a forum will most likely generate more page views.
    Sorry for the noob question, but where do I set this? Thanks.
    CreativX - Specializing in custom designed Windows 7 & 8 Themes.

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

In your vBulletin Settings > Thread Display Options (showthread) > Maximum Displayed Posts Before Page Split
    Taurus likes this.

Country
    China

Quote Originally Posted by StarBuG ((login for URL))
    In your vBulletin Settings > Thread Display Options (showthread) > Maximum Displayed Posts Before Page Split
    Thanks. I have this set on 10 at the moment. Will this not affect anything else negatively by changing it now? Like pagerank or so. Or on the searchengines, for now won't the URL's of current posts change then?
    CreativX - Specializing in custom designed Windows 7 & 8 Themes.

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

It will change links to all threads that have multiple pages so you need to resubmit an updated sitemap.
    If you have deep content links this might have a short small negative effect. However overall you should not (but no promises!) see much of a negative effect in SERPS
    Taurus likes this.

Country
    United States

Mine is set at 20, which I think vBulletin sets as default. If I change to 6 or something how much will that affect my ranking and stuff?

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

I don't know. However I just playing with the thought on increasing the replies per page to 10.
    I did this on a small forum of mine to watch if it has an impact on SERPs

Search Cloud:

how to increase page CTR

adsense vbulletin ctr

adsense CTR 2%

increase page ctr

vbulletin adsense ctrctr adsense vbulletinhow to increase ctr in vbulletinctr 2% adsensepublisher increase ctrincrease ctr vbulletin
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter