Thread: I feel so defeated about losing CTR battle with some sites..

This discussion is about "I feel so defeated about losing CTR battle with some sites.." in the "AdSense Placements" Forum.
On some sites I can't get to 5% CTR and it's very annoying. 1.2% on one, less than 1% on two others.. While on the ...

Country
    Thailand

Default I feel so defeated about losing CTR battle with some sites..

On some sites I can't get to 5% CTR and it's very annoying.
    1.2% on one, less than 1% on two others..

While on the other hand, on other sites I have better results, in french one at 3% and one at around 20% !
    Yes, I should be able to have CTR from 5% by ad placement, most of the time, no? But I can't reproduce the ctr of over 10% on other sites..

I feel I have lost a global vision of ad placement to increase ctr, what works really? Not increasing from 1% to 2% but really rising the ctr to a minimum of 5% it's not that hard?
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

CTR is not influenced by placement alone. It also has a lot to do with your audience and your niche. If you are let's say in the webmaster niche then expect much lower CTR than on a shopping website.

Another factor is how many other options (links) are present as well. If the only links are your Adsense Ads on a site the CTR will be much higher than if you have 20 other links to chose from.

Country
    United States

My CTR is 0.18% so don't feel so bad... lol Im trying to figure out how to get that up to around 2% like you.

Country
    Thailand

Yes, I have tried the ad placement I know work best from previous experience, and hard to get it above 1%

I know the topic, etc..

But still even on general topics sites, as I have a french version and an english version, it's so clear that the ctr is easier to get on french.. Easy to rise it above 5% with correct ad placement.
    The exact same ad placement in english gets 1-2%

But that's life.. It's just a pity it's not working easily, like good ad placement = increasing ctr.. No, doesn't work always for all sites :-)
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Country
    United States

Interesting the french click more ads. I would love a 5% CTR...

Country
    United Kingdom

My CTR has jumped from 2% to 6% over the last week and I have no idea why. I'm concerned that this might appear suspicious to google even though it is quite genuine and I haven't tried any blackhat techniques.

Search Cloud:

1.2% ctr adsense

Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter