Thread: Advanced Search and Search

This discussion is about "Advanced Search and Search" in the "AdSense Placements" Forum.
AdSense has contacted me to say that I am losing money by only having 1 ad on my Search and Advanced Search pages on VB, ...

Country
    United Kingdom

Default Advanced Search and Search

AdSense has contacted me to say that I am losing money by only having 1 ad on my Search and Advanced Search pages on VB, I have hunted high and low but just can't work out how to add, can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Country
    Thailand

Hi, you can ignore those messages, thery are automated, you're not losing anything, don't worry. Use your own good judgement and ignore the automated messages from adsense, at least those ones :-)
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Country
    United States

Yeh, their automated optimization tips seem odd at times.

I just got one suggesting that I use a smaller ad (from my existing 336x280 to 300x250) to make 10% - 15% more, when everything else I read from them says to go with the larger ones.

Makes me wonder though if more advertisers are using (therefor pushing up bid amounts) on 300x250. But that won't matter if it ctr drops with a smaller ad. Will have to run (another) test.

Chris
    Last edited by christopher; 03-10-13 at 17:24.

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

300x250px is the industry standard rectangle format so most advertisers provide ads (image ads) for this format. The 336x280px is an AdSense Ad size which is not utilized by so many advertisers so the competition is lower.

But only tests will answer what works best for your site and your niche

Search Cloud:

No Data yet
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter