Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: AdSense integration together with nice welcome message

This discussion is about "AdSense integration together with nice welcome message" in the "AdSense Placements" Forum.
What this mod does: This mod adds a Google Adsense large rectangle below the navbar together with an eye catching welcome message and a call ...

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Idee AdSense integration together with nice welcome message

What this mod does:
    This mod adds a Google Adsense large rectangle below the navbar together with an eye catching welcome message and a call to action (registration). This ad is the best performing ad on my forum. I run a forum with a fixed width and I think that on a fluid style this mod wont look that good but give it a try if you want.

Installation instructions:

in the template navbar find:

Code:
    Please ((login for URL)) to see this code!
    and add below:

Code:
    in template additional.css add:

Code:

Additional Comments:

Make sure you change all lines marked RED to fit your forum.
    Of course you should customize the welcome text to fit your forum and change the colors and size of the welcome box to fit your forums theme.

Side note:

Due to the large ammount of text in the welcome box every search engine will index this text for all your webpages first. I changed my text to an image with an image map so that the link is still clickable. You might want to do the same.

You can create your image map on this website if you don't know how:
    ((login for URL))

Screenshot:

Demo:
    ((login for URL))

Problem: I can't see my Ad!

Solution 1:
    You are logged in as Member. View your forum as guest because the welcome box will only be shown to guests

Solution 2:
    You are displaying the standard vBulletin Guest welcome notice (the ugly yellow one). Either deactivate it in your ACP or remove the condition: AND !$show['notices'] from my code

Problem: I see the welcome but no Ads

Solution 1: If you created your AdSense Ad Unit just now wait about 30 Minutes and it should show up

Solution 2: Disable your Ad Blocking Software Sometimes Firewall Software also sometimes blocks Ads.

Of course feedback is welcome and if you have suggestions to further improve CTR please let me know!

ps: The welcome text in the screenshot is an automatic translation by google that's why it is hard to read

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

1 month ago I made a big change to my website that hopefully will increase my earnings a lot over time.

So far I made extensive use of Adsense channels to track each of my Ads separately.
    I also activated "placement targeting" for the best performing ad placements.

However I did not realize the full potential of "placement targeting" until 3days after I talked to my direct advertising marketer.

Q: What is the main goal of an advertiser?
    A: To show there ads to their target group which most likely will convert

Q: Is wider or narrower targeting more effective?
    A: I think it depends but mostly the more narrow the target group is, the better the Ads perform

Just as info to you:
    CPM prices for a very narrow targeting e.g. topics about "cough" or "skin rash" are 40-50$ (campaigns that my direct advertising marketer runs)
    Campaigns that are not that narrow e.g. health only get 10-20$ CPM.
    Yes, it makes that much of a difference.

So what did I do?

I created a separate channel for each forum category that is interesting to advertisers e.g. health, diseases, nutrition, alternative medicine, etc. for the ad in this welcome message.
    Each of these channels was selected for placement targeting and got a description that outlined the topics in which these ads will be shown.

Then I created several large rectangle ads and assigned each one a category channel I created before.

Now each thread in a specific forum shows the Ad with the channel that was created for this specific forum.
    (At the bottom you'll find the condition chain I created to show different ad channel in each forum)

Now each advertiser can narrow down the placement targeting on my website to a certain topic which suites his campaign best.
    For example an advertiser who is selling homeopathy can now target his Ads to my forum "alternative medicine" and his ads are only shown to people interested in "alternative medicine".
    This way conversion and CTR should increase quite a bit and a lot more advertisers should use placement targeting on my website over time and with that increase my earnings.

To understand the naming concept for channels that I use read my post: ((login for URL))

Remember if you create these channels activate placement targeting for each channel and use a informative description!
    I used:

Show this channel to advertisers as an ad placement: YES
    Ads appear on: other pages > TOPIC of the forum (e.g. alternative medicine)
    Ad location: Top Center
    Description: Your Ads will only appear on discussion pages with the topic "Topic of your forum". Short Description of my website.
    and here is the condition code you can wrap around the above posted mod code:

Code:

To discuss my approach on Placement Targeting please go to this thread:
    ((login for URL))

Kind regards

StarBuG

Country
    United Kingdom

Can imagine it pays really well plus you've made it blend in nicely to the forum style
    Last edited by Toon; 10-28-10 at 11:52.

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Yes. It has the highest CTR I was ever able to constantly reach on a forum.

Country
    United Kingdom

Just goes to show adsense and style can go hand in hand. Congrats with the new forum

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

Thank you

I was always a fan of nice blending with the visitor experience in mind.
    I hate it to plaster Ads on my site without them adding real value to my users experience.

Country
    Thailand

I must admit, I've spotted this ad placement when I first went to your forum, it is extremely well blended, you know what it simply is the border around both blocks, left and right, and the fact that adsense is the left one. Of course the colors are what they should be.
    That makes an ideal ad placement, with no other adsense block above, so it gets the best paying ads.
    Congrats and thank you for the code implementation although I don't have forums and don't want any.
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

And with none technical users they think that the ads belong to the page.

When I showed my forum to my brother he said "oh you have 8 doctors online currently?"
    and I said, no this is an advertisement

Country
    Germany

Hi,
    thanks for that.
    First of all i simply like the welcome message.
    As I use a fluid Template so i change it slightly.
    I add a additional CSS Class for a 100% Background and center your code.
    As background Color i use the same that i yous for the navbar Background.
    That is optical a good way to put the different widths together.

Greetings
    Christian

Country
    United Kingdom

How is the best way to centre it if you're using a fluid layout?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Search Cloud:

vbulletin 4 adsense integration

nice welcome notes

vb4 adsense pages

vbulletin 4 google adsense integration

vbulletin 4 google adsense

<vb:if condition=$GLOBALS[forumid]best positioning adsense for vbulletinad sense welcome messagevbulletin welcome adsensewelcome box vbulletin website
Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter