Thread: Less is more?

This discussion is about "Less is more?" in the "AdSense Placements" Forum.
I just wanted to ask what people thought about whether it's a good thing to use the maxium of 3 banner ads and 3 link ...

Country
    United Kingdom

Default Less is more?

I just wanted to ask what people thought about whether it's a good thing to use the maxium of 3 banner ads and 3 link units on every page. From my cursory research the consensus seem to be not to use all 3 banners as it dilutes the quallity of the ads and reduces cpc. However, I keep getting messages from google encouraging me to put more ads on a page. What does everybody think?

Administrator
    Country
    Germany

I think it depends on the amount of content on your page.
    If you only have 2 paragraphs of text than 3 ad units and 3 link units is definitely to much.

However a lot of content can justify 3 ad units without looking spamy

Country
    Thailand

Personally I always use the maximum allowed on all my pages, sometimes there are exceptions but it's more due to my lazyness than other things..
    Do you really need traffic? Where to? What for? If you really do need traffic then stop messing around!
    Advertise on my sites today: She Told Me & Best Reviewer : 200,000+ UV / Month

Country
    New Zealand

My main articles have seven ad units (all display units). Four are Adsense and three are CPM from networks or direct sale. They all do extremely well. I once removed a low paying banner (bottom of the page 728x90) and saw an income drop with no gain in the other units so I put it back.

Country
    United Kingdom

Content is king. If your content is no good then you're not going to earn money, simple as that. If people are coming to your website with the sole purpose of learning then you're halfway there. in my experience, a 160 x 600 skyscraper unit placed in the left-hand column above the menu performs miracles when a company with good quality content. Then a 300 x 250 at the very end of your article will also perform well. Since changing but if I can play, and making some changes to my ad placement, my money has almost doubled in the last three months.

This is one of my top earning pages

((login for URL))

Search Cloud:

ADsense less is more

Like It?
Share It!

Follow AdSenseExperts.com on Twitter